Let’s just say I was thrilled when I saw that today’s Twisted Mixtape topic was going to be Cheating. I got out a pad and wrote down 20 songs just off the top of my head. The challenge for me, getting that list down to five and omitting all but one of the country songs. I don’t have anything against Country, its just that the genre is rife with cheating songs. So I made it harder for myself. Five songs only one could be country.
1. It’s a little up beat for a cheating song but hey,why not?
Dion and The Belmonts – Runaround Sue
2. Ah, Country. It was hard to pick one. I eventually settled on this one because I love the video. It’s really funny.
Sara Evans -Cheatin
3. Most people wouldn’t call it a cheating song but I would. I mean the guy is sneaking off to talk to an ex that he still loves and he’s with another woman, if that ain’t cheating, I don’t know what is.
Hinder -Lips Of An Angel
4. I love this woman’s music and it’s a real shame that we lost such a talented human being way before her time.
Amy Winehouse – You Know I’m No Good
5. Picking my last song was a challenge. I laid in bed arguing with myself over which one it should be. I wanted it to be one that no one would think of what better song to fit that requirement than a hidden track?
Alanis Morisette – Your House (Forgive Me Love)